I don't know about you guys but for us, the year is flying by! Can you believe we're already a week into October?! October excites me for many reasons - number one being that it is my birthday month (where are all my Libras at??), but also because this is the true start to Fall and beginning of holiday season. From Halloween to New Years, Becca and I have always taken every chance we can to decorate and celebrate.
Here are a few of our favorite peanut butter recipes to kick off the season.
Cinnamon Sugar Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bombs
Brian's mom made these for him as a kid for his birthday and other holidays, so when he asked me to make them for him, I was so excited but of course, I had to modify just a bit to add peanut butter. These seriously melt in your mouth and are the perfect "something sweet" with breakfast on a chilly morning.
What you'll need:
1 package of crescent rolls
1 package of jumbo marshmallows
1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
1 Muffin Tin
1. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
2. In another bowl, melt butter
3. Cut/pull apart crescent roll dough into 9 squares
4. Roll 1 marshmallow in melted butter
5. Roll buttered marshmallow in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat
6. Place marshmallow in the corner of the crescent roll square
7. Add a small dollop of peanut butter on top of the marshmellow
8. Pinch all seams closed to completely enclose the marshmallow in the roll *Super important step as the middle will leak out if it is not closed up tight!
9. Roll the bomb in melted butter
10. Roll bomb in cinnamon/sugar mixture
11. Place bomb in a muffin tin
12. Repeat for all the remaining rolls/marshmallows
Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until the outside of the bombs are golden brown and slightly crispy. Serve warm and enjoy!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dip
This is the perfect sweet dip for any fall gathering - a football get-together, Halloween party or just a night in watching Hocus Pocus.
What you'll need:
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
2 cups of cool whip or whipped cream
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
Pretzels, Apples, and/or Graham Crackers for dipping
1. Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, cool whip in a large mixing bowl until smooth
2. Add in peanuts and chocolate chips
3. Transfer to a serving plate and surround dip with your choice of dippers
That's it! ENJOY!
YUM, we hope you love these tasty sweet treats as much as we do!